The Barnes Walker Business Trial Group
To give you our best! As our client, we will put our knowledge and experience to work to aggressively advocate for your interests in your case. We strive to keep you informed about your case and be available to you every step of the way as we help you to navigate the unique legal issues in your case. You will work directly with your attorney and not be subject to a large firm shuffle.
Who We Are:
Andre Perron, chairman of The Barnes Walker Business Trial Group, has over 30 years of experience in a variety of business practice areas and has been certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Business Litigation for over 25 years. Mr. Perron has also received a master of law in Banking Law giving him unique training in business matters. Mr. Perron and The Barnes Walker Business Trial Group concentrate on business litigation and represent clients in both Federal and State court as well as in arbitration. If you lost money due to fraud, stockbroker or financial advisor misconduct or suspect that your elderly relative has been the victim of undue influence, you have the right to sue those responsible! Let us help you protect both you and your loved one's investments and legacy. The Barnes Walker Business Trial Group has significant experience resolving many complex issues. Here is a more in-depth look at our practice areas:
Involved in a Business Dispute? These are but a few examples of our area of experience:
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Commercial Real Estate
- Collections and Foreclosures
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Discrimination
- Franchise Disputes
Real Estate Disputes:
Your real estate is not only an investment but an asset, one you don’t want to lose. In addition to our litigation team we have real estate lawyers with decades of experience to help your trial lawyers navigate the complex issues involving real estate. The following are examples of some of the cases we have handled:
- Guarantee Defense Claims/Deficiencies
- Title Disputes Including Defective Title Claims or Title Insurance issues
- Ownership Claims
- Zoning Issues
- Real Estate Financing
- Foreclosures and Other Collection Actions
- Commercial Evictions Due to Nonpayment, Breach of Lease Terms, Nonconforming Use Violations, Failure to Maintain Property, Abandonment
- Real Property Disputes Arising from Property Transfers or inheritance Disputes
- Eminent Domain
Wills, Estates, & Trust Litigation Disputes:
We can help you protect your inheritance whether you are the beneficiary, executor or trustee, or perhaps you need assistance in planning your estate. Jeff Goethe and Andre Perron have over 58 years of combined experience in estate and trust litigation. Mr. Goethe received the distinction of being selected by his peers as a Fellow to the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, an honor granted only to those based on their professional reputation and ability in as well as on their contributions to the fields of trusts and estates. In addition, Mr. Goethe has achieved a "Superior" rating form the AVVO attorney rating service and an "AV-Preeminent" peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. With such outstanding distinctions in the Wills, Trusts, and Estates areas, he is well-equipped to assist you with your problems in estates and trust litigation Mr. Goethe works with Mr. Perron who is a Florida Bar certified specialist in business litigation, a certification that provides him with the ability to resolve complex disputes. We want to make you aware of some of the potential legal issues concentrating on trust and estate matters:
- Undue Influence - This is a form of elderly exploitation wherein an elderly person is manipulated into leaving much, if not all, of their property to the manipulator. Conditions associated with older age such as dementia or cognitive disabilities can make an elderly person more susceptible to manipulation. Often these manipulators can be anyone - family members, caregivers, financial advisors.
- Wills and Trust Disputes - These disputes arise when beneficiaries do not agree on how the assets have been organized or left, or when a trustee of the estate is unjustly accused of mismanaging the estate. The end result could be a loss of your inheritance.
- Elder Abuse or Elder Exploitation - In addition to exploitation through undue influence, the elderly are more often the target of financial scams. It's hard enough for most of us to understand the complexities of investments...imagine how much more confusing it can be to an elderly person who suffers from dementia or other cognitive disabilities. This makes it easy for someone to exert undue influence on an elderly person to invest in a product that is too risky or to purchase a fraudulent investment.
Contact either Mr. Goethe or Mr. Perron today to help you protect your inheritance. They have the knowledge and experience you need to tackle these complex legal issues.
Securities Fraud & Misrepresentation Disputes:
When it comes to managing your portfolio or planning for your future, you count on your broker or financial advisor to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. You trust your advisor to help you plan for a solid financial outlook. A deceptive action by a broker, such as misinformation, neglect, or misrepresentation regarding an investment that results in a betrayal of your trust constitutes fraud. You may not be sure how to go about recovering your losses. Examples of stockbroker negligence include:
- Mismanagement and Neglect of Investment Portfolios
- Taking on Risky Investments on the Advice of a Broker Without Fully Understanding the Risks Involved or having Those Risks Explained or Disclosed
- Broker Misconduct by Which the Broker Makes Poor Investment Decisions on the Clients’ Behalf Such as Putting them in High-Risk Securities, Junk Bonds, or Bad Investments
- Broker Fraud or Deceptive Practices Such as Ponzi Schemes, Churning, “Risk Free” Investments and Other Forms of Securities Fraud