Mr. Davis, a native New Yorker, obtained his undergraduate degree in Fine Arts from Hofstra University, where he also excelled athletically on the Division I football team between 1998 and 2002. Mr. Davis’ football team secured an Atlantic 10 Football Championship in 2001, and Mr. Davis holds the university records in both 225-bench press repetitions and pro-shuttle. Notably, he maintains the distinction of the only player to never miss a practice throughout the institution's 72-year history.
Subsequently, Mr. Davis pursued his legal education at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. Mr. Davis worked during the day for the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Hillsborough County in Tampa, Florida while simultaneously attending law school at night in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Davis studied on the side of Interstate 4, arriving home at 2:00 a.m., and then went to work at 5:30 a.m. each day for 3 ½ years, while managing to receive Dean’s List honors. Mr. Davis additionally passed the Florida Bar Exam without taking a review course, and while working full-time.
Mr. Davis’ legal credentials include admittance to the United States Federal Court Middle District and Northern District of Florida, as well as a diverse legal practice encompassing 14 distinct areas of law. Mr. Davis has worked on a variety of trials, including but not limited to, trials for murder charges.
Mr. Davis’ athletic career includes one season in the Arena Football League with the New York Dragons, and three minor league seasons with the Hawaiian Islanders and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers. Mr. Davis also served as a Varsity Football Offensive Line Coach and Strength and Conditioning Coach at Middletown High School. A dedicated volunteer, the individual has offered their time and expertise to Bay Area Legal Services, domestic violence and family shelters, Wills for Heroes, and a variety of children's organizations.
• New York
• Graduated from Florida A&M University, and was a Dean’s List recipient.
• Worked for the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Hillsborough County in Tampa, Florida during the day, and attended Law School at night in Orlando, Florida.
• Admitted to both the United States Federal Court Middle District and Northern District of Florida.
• Worked within 14-different fields of law.
• Graduated from Hofstra University with a major in Fine Arts.
• Played on the school’s division one football team from 1998 through 2002.
• Atlantic 10 Football Champions in 2001.
• College record holder for both 225-bench press reps, and pro-shuttle.
• Only football player in school’s 72-year history to never miss a practice.
• Played 1 season of Arena Football League for the New York Dragons, and 3 seasons of Arena Football League’s minor league for both the Hawaiian Islanders, and the Wilke-Barre/Scranton Pioneers.
• Coached Varsity Football for Middletown High School as Offensive Line Coach, and Strength and Conditioning Coach.
• Bay Area Legal Services; Domestic Violence and Family Shelters; Wills for Heroes; and several organizations for children.
James can be reached via telephone at 941-741-8224 ext. 1103 or by email at [email protected].